2009-09-01

Making the Eclipse XML editor Useful

I use Eclipse for editing pretty much everything I on my Mac with its great free plugins who wouldn't want to use it there is only one small problem. That problem is the built in XML editor for Eclipse sucks, it tree based meaning you can't get the the underlying code without using the default Text Editor.

I decided that there must be a free plugin you can use so I Googled "free eclipse xml editor" and found several articles about an editor called XmlBuddy but there was a problem, the domain www.xmlbuddy.com has been sold so you are not going to be able to download it from there crap! So yet again I turn to my friend google and at last I have found the answer.

I downloaded the plugin from cnet unzipped into my Eclipse plugins directory, now I finally have a decent XML editor.

2 comments:

  1. There is another free plugin called Rinzo xml editor that you might find interesting. You can see its feature in this web page http://editorxml.sourceforge.net/

    Also, we can see that it is an active project so you can suggest any enhancement you might think useful.

    Hope this Helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, It works great and is even supported!

    ReplyDelete